Wednesday, June 23, 2010

London & Stonehenge


Got back from London last night at around 12am. I had been walking from 9am to 8pm in London. This is the longest walking distance i ever had with Amy and Ting Ting . We look on the map walk by our own. But we are bobbins, keep on walk the wrong way=.=
It was so unmemorable. haha. Of course we are tired! We didn't sleep for a days after we went Stonehenge.
My leg, my waist, my neck....my whole body is so pain. Especially my foot. Haha.
Well, before i went to London, i went Stonehenge. It was a long walking distance get to see the stone. It took around 1 hour walking distance from the place where the bus drop us off. I am feel like "WTF" hahaha. So cold walking in the early morning at 4am..I am freezing when my 1st step got down from the bus. Me, Amy and Ting Ting keep on nagging why want we have to tortured ourself like that for paying 31 pound? HAHAHa~
Why i went Stonehenge?
At 1st, I thought it was really insane to travel such a long distance to Stonehenge to enjoy the only "stone". After I did some research from Google, I found out that Stonehenge actually was constructed 5000years ago. The weight of giant stone is around 50tons which is dragged by 600men from the North(Wales,20miles) and they had past alots of obstacles when they built it. I am so admire those men who built up this stone, they are strong! Appreciate what i had seen in Stonehenge. I realize that their hard work is not easy. It original purpose is unclear, but some have speculated that it was a temple made for worship of ancient death for god. It should be a place treated by honor. The Stonehenge site is truly impressive. I am not regret that i been there. According from the newspaper today, it's around 20,000 people to see the sunrise at 4.52am.


What is so special about Summer Solstice?
Well, there are thousands of New Agers and Neo-Pagans danced and whooped in delight as the sun rose above the ancient stone of Stonehenge. The sunlight axis causes different amount to reach different regions of our planet during Summer Solstice. The Sun is unlike with any other day this year 2o10. As a result, the sun appears at it highest point of heat.
Feeling so lucky to enjoy this summer solstice. Again, I learned new things.

The very 1st days of summer kicks off, the Sunrise rise behind the Stonehenge monument in England,shortly after 4.25am.

The ONLY day that you can touch this stone! haha. I touched it!(Actually is just a normal stone) Normally, all those stone are fenced up. This stone are protected.


Printed in London evening newspaper-summer solstice. Can u see me inside?? hahahaha

there are a lots of people that bring sleeping bag overnight before the day of summer solstice

the crowded


Sunrise! All of them gone crazy when the sun rise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment